We are constantly communicating, whether to inform, pass on decisions, influence, encourage action, sell an idea, share a vision or build bonds. Since communication is a strategic issue in organizations, we can’t avoid it: we have to speak in public. With 75% practical exercises, this course will help you become a communicator who makes an impact.
The Art of Communication: How to Create Impact On People
Develop your skills in order to become an effective communicator able to convince, mobilize or lead a change.
For leaders and consultants
- Increase your ability to deliver compelling and stimulating oral presentations.
- Experiment and appropriate the tools to identify, understand and meet the needs of the audience.
- Become comfortable and overcome your stage fright in front of an audience.
- Practice the different techniques of and effective oral presentation to ensure the transfer of knowledge in the workplace.
Characteristics of the training activity
- Through adapted scenarios, participants will be asked to put into practice the theoretical elements presented by making at least six short presentations in front of the group.
- Theoretical lectures (20%) and practical activities (80%): participants’presentations and structured feedback with evaluation grid.
- Introduction: Presentation of the training and explanation of the approach chosen for the development day
- The two challenges when speaking in public
- Communication: Measuring your impact
- Self-diagnostic exercise: Awareness of your difficulties in public communication
- Interactive lecture and practice activity:Factors influencing my speech
- Exercise: Real situations based on participants’ reality
- Capsule on stage fright and experimentation to develop your comfort
- Find the meanings for my audience
- Practice activity
- Identify the objectives of my presentation
- Practice activity
- Know your audience
- Adapt your speech to the audience
- Get your audience’s attention
- Gain and keep their interest
- Key elements of a good speech
- Talk about what you know
- Be convincing
- Be structured
- Exercise with real situations based on participants’ reality
- Tips and tricks to make your speech appealing
- Voice, pauses and silences, language,gestures, humour, images, anecdotes andexamples
- How to answer audience questions appropriately
- Do not be distracted by what you have prepared and what is approved
- Training program evaluation