It’s a done deal: you got the promotion you have been dreaming of. How can you develop a clear vision of the challenges demanded by this kind of transition? How can you quickly and efficiently position yourself without sacrificing the relational side of your duties? This two-day course gives you the keys to a smooth transition.
From Colleague to Boss
Transition to a management position with confidence and quickly establish credibility, while minimizing obstacles and stress.
- Have a clear vision of the challenges involved in the transition to a management position by adopting appropriate key actions.
- Quickly define your personal position with respect to your ambitions.
- Identify the challenges to deal with in the short term and the players concerned (clients, colleagues, partners).
- Explore relevant strategies with respect to the challenges.
- Identify and working with the resources available within the organization in order carry out a management mandate.
- Experience the power of interpersonal dynamics in various situations managers commonly have to face early on in their role.
Theory (25%); workshops (40%); scenarios (35%).
- What this transition means for me
- The challenges of starting a new position
- A look at the skills and key actions necessary to the transition
- What should I learn quickly?
- Perception of my function: What is a management function?
- Exercise: Definition of my mandate
- Presentation: Negotiating my mandate
- My mandate and the culture of my organization, a few benchmarks
- Exercise: What to observe, what I understand
- With my supervisor
- With my organization
- With my team
- With the Management Committee
- With former colleagues
- Exercise: My political emotional counters
- Winning strategies to quickly put in place when taking on a position
- Learn to delegate
- Moving on
- Know how to generate positive impact
- The strategy of “small victories”
- Errors to avoid
- Know how to consult
- Know how to organize services
- Exercise: Prepare meetings with former employees
- Exercise: Map of my relationships
- Workshop: Optimize the resources available to me
- My integration and action plan
- Training program evaluation